Friday, July 23, 2010

A shout out to my buds, you know who you are!

The Point of Friendship

Have you ever watched a flock of geese
as it prepares to take flight?
Their eyes no longer fixed on the ground
the clouds alone are in their sight.

But once they have taken to the wing
and started their assent.
You'll notice something different,
an extrodinary event.

They fall quickly into formation.
Not one is out of line.
They willingly follow their leader.
It's a plan of God's design.

There's nothing special about the one
who stepped up to show the way.
He'll lead his flock for a while
though the skies be blue or grey.

For today he is the strong one
the one ready and able to lead.
But as his strength starts to wane
someone else steps in and they proceed.

You see the leader at the point
struggles against the headwind
softening the way for the others
and thats why I think of you, my friend.

Like the beautiful geese over head
follow their maker's master plan
you go before me, softening the wind
making it easier for me to stand.

Thank you for the love and support
I see shinning from your face.
When you get tired and need a break
I'll be there to take your place.

No comments:

Post a Comment