Monday, May 13, 2013

Hyper Dogs and Closed Doors



This past week was a crazy busy week here.  We had something going on every single day.  I took advantage of mother’s day, yesterday, to finally get my office painted.  It is a project that I have been wanting to do for a while, but just never seemed to have the time to get it done.  The good thing about waiting till mother’s day, was the men folk in the house felt a little obligated to help me out!  Once J taped everything off, the painting part was a breeze and I finished it in no time!  So now I’m working in an office that is finally starting to look like an adult works here instead of Sanfred and Sons! Now if I can just convince Bella that is not her potty!

That reminds me of another little critter I made friends with when I was up in Boone recently.   You may recall the post I wrote about mountain Bella.  She is happily married to another little black and white rescue dog by the name of Joshiah, Joe for short.  Joe is an interesting little dog.  To say that he is energetic, would be like saying a southern preacher might be fond of friend chicken.  At first I thought "I wish I had a third of his energy", but then I decided my body would self-destruct!  He had an adorable habit that I really wish I had been able to catch on video to share with you all.  You see, Joe is a jumper. 
There were times when Joe’s mama would put him and mountain Bella out to, well, you know, do their little doggie business, or just to get them out from under her feet for a bit.  The large, beautiful front doors on the retreat house were two thirds glass and looked out over a gorgeous view.  Imagine my surprise one day when, as I was gazing out these doors, there was suddenly a little furry canine face just about even with mine.  But wait, was there?  As quick as it registered what it was, it was gone again.  I only had to wait a moment before my suspicions were confirmed by the appearance of the same furry face.  This was repeated over and over again, much to my delight!  I walked over to the door and looked out to find Joe jumping up to look into the door.  He was, it seems, more than ready to come back inside and did not understand the delay.  Mountain Bella, meanwhile, was sitting calmly watching him expend all this energy.  I think Joe would have jumped for hours and Bella would have been content to watch him!  Now, eventually, their mama came out of the office, opened the door, and let them both back inside.  It was a scene I would see repeated many times in my week on the mountain. 

Now, my faithful readers, you know there is always more to the story, and this time is no different.  You see, J and I find ourselves in a time of waiting on God to open doors in our life.  Just like those two little hairy kiddos, I am waiting for things to swing open so I can walk on into the next stage in my life.  The question is; while we are waiting on the front porch, will we be waiting calmly, trusting the Lord to open the door at the right time or will we be like little Joe and spend our time jumping, trying to get a peek at what’s on the other side of the door or convince the Lord that NOW would be a good time to open it? 
One thing I have found out about the Lord, he moves in his own time.  I think we have all heard the phrase, “God is never late, but he is seldom early”.  I have found this to be so true.  His timing is always perfect.  He will open the door when he is ready to open the door and no amount of jumping up and down on our part is going to sway him one little bit.  He loves us too much to allow our impatience to effect his plan for our lives. 

This week, I would challenge you to take a seat, pull up a chair, find a place to light, calm down, relax, take a breather, peace out, just chill! Try exercising your faith a bit, instead of your hind legs, or uuumm, your jumping muscles or something like that.  I plan on making it my goal to be more like mountain Bella and sit quietly and trustingly by the door till my father deems it time for it to be opened.  Beside, I’m getting way too old to jump that high and if I get my hind end up enough to peek in the window, the coming down part is not going to end well.   

So, dear readers, go forth and um, well, sit!  

Meanwhile, I’ll be here, chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school…. Oh wait, that’s a different post……….  (10 points for anyone who can tell me what that’s from!! Lol)  The point is trust, and be patience, and maybe relax a little, and if you happen to find your way to a comfy chair, in a shady spot, with a little sweet tea in your hand, I'm not one to judge!  Till next time I'm...........

Soaked in His blessings,
Spokenfor

No comments:

Post a Comment