Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Why do you ask???

Sooo, this post will be a little different than what I usually post.  I've participating in a fellow blogger's weekly writing workshop.  I've chosen one of the prompts from the list given and the following is the result.  Hope you enjoy this little side track from the usual.....


prompt - Why didn't they ask you? Write a list of 5 or 10 sentences that begin with the words 'No one ever asked me'; then, write about one of them in detail, or use them all in a poem, or use several in a personal description of yourself.

1. No one ever asked me how much I love my children.
2. No one ever asked me how I wish my childhood had been different.
3. No one ever asked me what it was like living on foreign soil.
4. No one ever asked me what super hero I want to be.
5. No one ever asked me if I would like to be a bear.
6. No one ever asked me what it's like to have 5 boys.
7. No one ever asked me to jump into a volcano.
8. No one ever asked me if I was really a woman
9. No one ever asked me why schools consider ketchup a vegetable.
10. No one ever asked me to dance. 


Ok, so there's my 10 sentences. Now, what should I do with them?  Well, I guess I could address them one by one.  First, my children and how much I love them;  I have five gorgeous boys.  They are both spread out in age and all squished up all at the same time.  How is that possible?  Well, the year my oldest started college, my youngest started preschool.  The middle 3, however are only 2 1/2 years apart and none of them are twins!  So, having that many males in my house gets a little busy, busy and smelly.  ( I guess this is really the answer to #6 as well!)  Most of the time my house looks a little like a frat house minus the beer kegs.  The bathroom would rival any bathroom at any truck stop on any interstate in the country!  When we can smell it from outside I make my husband go clean it.  I'm certainly not going in there! Most of the time I know way too much about the latest video game craze, alternative christian music, geeky techno movies and other such strange boy stuff.  I have no help cleaning house, no help in the kitchen, no help with the laundry.  I am swimming in a lake of testosterone and am in danger of sinking.  On the other hand, I am so blessed!  I never have to open a door, pick up anything heavy, carry in the groceries, start the fire, take out the trash, pump the gas, change a light bulb, cut the grass, wash the car, walk the dog, or fear the boogie man will break in and get me.   I never have a shortage of hugs, kisses, snuggles, or laughs.  I've learned it's not the end of the world when the baseball goes through the window, the toilet overflows (again!), there is nothing to eat in the house, the music is loud enough to rattle the windows, there are more teenagers in the house than humanly possible and there is yet another argument between brothers.  My boys. I can't live without them, I can't do away with them. (it would take too much to hide the bodies)
To answer #4, my perfect super hero? I think I would want to be Procrastination Woman!  I've had so much practice already.  When I hear a cry for help, I will answer with "I'll save you.......................eventually!!"  
#5 Do I want to be a bear?  Why yes, thank you, that would be so cool!  Just think of it. A female bear is expected to be fat, her legs are supposed to be hairy, she gives birth in her sleep,  it's her right to be cranky and she gets to sleep for months at a time and no one calls her lazy.  She eats all she wants and no on bothers her.  Sounds pretty good to me! 
To sum it all up, yes, I really am a woman,  there are no volcanoes anywhere around, I can't dance, and since tomatoes are technically a fruit, that makes ketchup a smoothie not a veggie. 


This has been an interesting exercise and I hope you have enjoyed this glimpse into my tilted brain and have not been too traumatized by it.  Come back in a couple of days as we resume our regularly scheduled programing.  Still, as always, I'm ,


Soaked in His blessings,
Spokenfor

3 comments:

  1. I loved your post! great writing and all so true from a fellow mother of boys. Marleigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit, you make being a bear sound incredibly attractive! I'd never thought of it before, but now, I think I'd rather enjoy being one too!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing post! Great writing and I'll definitely be back to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete